Spicy Garlic Shrimp over Spinach
This is a quick, flavorful meal that’s easy enough for a weeknight dinner and yummy enough to entertain with! Plump shrimp, flavorful and healthy garlic, and baby spinach are the key ingredients in this quick-to-fix Garlic Shrimp and Spinach skillet meal.Whether for company or a quick weeknight dinner, it will bring you tasty rewards. Quick, easy and versatile. I’ve used spinach, but you can use kale or chard, it’s great every time. Lemon is best but lime works as well, if you don’t have lemons. This recipe calls for shrimp, but one could substitute chicken or pork as well. Enjoy!
3 tbsp olive oil 8-10 cloves of garlic, minced 1 lb of baby spinach 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed Fat pinch of red pepper flakes The zest and juice of one lemon A handful of chopped parsley
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick sauté pan. Add half of the garlic along with a pinch of salt. One the garlic is fragrant, add the spinach and toss until all of the spinach is shiny and beginning to wilt down.
- Shut off the heat and place pan on the back burner (the residual heat in the pan will finish cooking the spinach while you make the shrimp).
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in a medium non-stick skillet and add in the rest of the garlic along with a pinch of salt and the red pepper flakes. Once the garlic is fragrant toss in the shrimp.
- Stir periodically as the shrimp begins to turn opaque. They cook quickly and will be done in about three minutes – once they all turn opaque, turn off the heat and finish them with lemon zest, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Plate up the spinach and top with the shrimp and garlicky sauce.